Monday, April 20, 2015

With All That We Have

Everywhere we go we often hear about the successes of the big church. As a pastor I hear about their multi-staff leadership teams, their almost professional worship teams, and their to dream for children’s ministries. If you go to the local Christian book stores you can find countless books authored by famous preachers and mega-church leaders and we are often left with the feeling as  a small church that we should maybe just give up and join something bigger, more successful, and current.

This past Sunday in worship I got totally lost in one of the songs that I was playing and ended up throwing the entire worship team off. I lost my place due to getting distracted with singing the song and forgot that I was also playing the song. At times I know that my voice was off key or a wrong note was played and I wondered…What does God think of this?

I came to the conclusion that we small churches honor God just as much as those big churches with all of their budgets, staff, and teams. God is honored by our efforts when we give God the best of our abilities no matter how it may sound to us.

Scripture tells us...
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:15-17 (NIV)

So our worship may not always look the most polished, it may not always be on key, our bulletins may not be in color or have a professional appearance, and people may not be rushing to the book store to buy any of this pastor’s books (by the way I have yet to write one), but I can tell you that God is honored by our efforts.

So whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Blessings my Friends,


Pastor Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment